I have a fun new workout to share with you guys today.
Actually, if you came to class last night at the Y it’s not so new at all since the workout is what I taught in my Interval Training class. When I was planning class yesterday morning, I opted for a 10-12-15 class format. Hence the name, the 10-12-15 workout. Each mini circuit in this workout consisted of three moves: one that focused more on upper body, one on lower body, and one on core. I also threw a couple of compound exercises in there for good measure. For each round we did 10 reps of the first exercise, 12 of the second, and 15 of the third.
Because of time we only went through each circuit twice in class last night, but if I were doing this by myself, I likely would have done three rounds of each. In between each round I threw in two minutes of cardio. I didn’t plan this part out ahead of time and pretty much just yelled out random cardio exercises to do – jumping jacks, power jacks, fast feet, lateral shuffles, jump rope, single leg hops, mountain climbers, high knees, burpees, etc. You name it, we did it!
Here are links to the exercises if you are unsure what any of them mean:
- Renegade pushups with row
- Lunge and twists to knee raises with press – this is a move I stole from Fitnessista’s 2013 Summer Shape Up plan. It’s the first picture in the workout graphic!
- Butterfly situps
- Single leg biceps curls — my Fall Into Fitness exercise of the day yesterday!
- Goblet squats
- Plank donkey kicks — LOVE these
- Chest presses with leg lifts — another Fitnessista Summer Shape Up move. Quite possibly my new fav exercise, it’s move #8 in the workout graphic.
- Plie squats with upright rows — for this combo we did 10 plie squats with upright rows, then we held the upright row while we did 10 plie squat pulses, then we held the plie squat while we did 10 upright row pulses
- Curtsy lunges — for this combo we did 10 curtsy lunges with a knee raise, then 10 curtsy lunge pulses, then we shifted weight into the front foot and did 10 single leg squat pulses
- Triceps kickbacks
Group exercise goers, what is your favorite strength class format? Supersets, circuits, drop sets, timed circuits? I want to know!
Don’t forget that if you are interested in my $50 off coupon for the Ultimate Bootcamp My Nutrition Upgrade program, you need to register this week! Check out this post for more details and your Fitness & Feta discount code.