Are you guys sick of my pumpkin and fall themed recipes yet? I hope not because there are still more to come! This particular recipe was shared with me by my friend Shannon who used to work at my company. Shannon, I know you sent me this recipe almost a year ago, but we are just trying it now. I can’t believe we missed out on this recipe last season because it’s so tasty!
Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup
- 1 spray cooking spray, olive oil, or enough to coat pot
- 1 medium onion, uncooked, coarsely chopped
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 3.5 cups of fat-free chicken broth
- 15.5 ounces of canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ tsp ground oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Coat a large soup pot with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, broth, beans and oregano; simmer 8 minutes.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth. Note: Make sure not to overfill blender to avoid splattering.
- Return soup to pot and reheat; season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of grated cheese.
Note this recipe makes about six servings (1 cup each).
Soup makes for the perfect Sunday night comfort meal, don’t you think? Especially when it only takes about 15-20 minutes to make. And pumpkin soup is especially perfect for a chilly and rainy fall Sunday night. With big sweatpants. And your boyfriend. And the couch. And the season première of Homeland. Was a cozy Sunday night in our little home.
This also made for the perfect Monday and Tuesday lunch. The soup hit the spot, especially since my office is FREEZING! These leftovers warmed me right up. Yum!
What’s your favorite soup recipe? Are you sick of pumpkin flavors yet? What’s your favorite Sunday night comfort food?
Thanks, Shannon, for sharing this recipe with me!! We loved it!!