Let’s start the week off right. What’s your workout plan for the week? Here’s my recap of last week and my plan for the week ahead of us:
Last Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 25 Minute Elliptical Workout + 20 minutes Core Strength (1 minute slow bicycles, 1 minute leg lifts, 1 minute saw, 1 minute slow mountain climbers, 1 minute double leg stretch, 30 seconds jumping jacks, 30 seconds pushups. Repeat 2x).
- Tuesday: 25 Minute Elliptical Workout + This Circuit Class
- Wednesday: Off from an official workout of my own, but I got a decent workout in at physical therapy! 10 minutes on the elliptical + a bajillion lower body moves and stretches + some jumping
- Thursday: The “My Butt Will Hate You Tomorrow” Circuit
- Friday: Hour of Power at Prana Yoga
- Saturday: 20 Minute Total Body Express Workout (will post this soon!)
This Week’s Workouts
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: Cardio + Core Strength
- Tuesday: Returning to Kickboxing! And teaching Circuit
- Wednesday: I have physical therapy again and assuming I may get another workout here. If I work from home, I may squeeze in yoga or something, but I have plans at night so this may be an off day.
- Thursday: Teaching Circuit
- Friday: Off, on vacation! Heading to Colorado for a long weekend, yay!
- Saturday: Hiking in Boulder!
Do any of you also like to plan your workouts ahead of time at the beginning of the week?
I like to because one I like to plan out every single detail of my life, but ASIDE from my neurotic tendencies I do believe that having a workout plan can help motivate you into exercising regularly. I find it gives me a sense of focus and control to know what I want to work on and when I’m going to do it during the week. Don’t you think that you are more likely to stick with your workout if it’s planned ahead of time and not just deciding that day? Of course since I do a lot of classes, some days my “plan” is to “do my own workout at the gym” which isn’t very specific, but even planning that out helps. I also like to put it in my calendar, and I know some people who like to print it out and place their plan where they can see it everyday.
What about you guys? What works for you?
I don’t have time for a full weekend recap just yet, but this weekend included a low-key Friday night pizza night in, Steph & Brett’s beautiful wedding in Connecticut, and Father’s Day. Lots of fun stuff, and lots of posts about it all to come!
What did you guys do this weekend? Anything worth sharing?
Have a great day to start your week!