Holy messages from you guys asking about the corn salsa pictured in this morning’s post!
Tasty Grilled Corn Salsa
Recipe inspired by Tim!
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 red pepper, whole
- 1 half yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Shuck the ears of corn. Brush with olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Grill each side of the ears of corn for about 3 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Brush the red pepper with olive oil and grill until the skin is completely charred. Put the pepper in a bowl and cover with aluminum foil for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut the corn off of the cob into a large bowl.
- Peel the skin off of the red pepper, then cut out the seeds and membrane. Dice the pepper and add to the bowl.
- Add the onion, cilantro, avocado, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic powder.
- Season with black pepper and let sit for 20+ minutes before serving.
This is seriously a summer must try recipe. Just don’t eat a whole bag of chips with it like I did on Sunday.
What’s your favorite summery salsa?!