Hello! Happy Sunday to all!
New recipe post for you guys, courtesy of the boyfriend. Last week after my Wellcoaches class was done on Thursday, Tim texted me that he made up a recipe for spinach and feta stuffed chicken.
I was at his apartment in seconds.
Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 1.5 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tomato, diced
Reduction Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon of rosemary
- Soak toothpicks in water for 10 + minutes
- In a mixing bowl combine the spinach, onion, feta, olive oil, garlic, and tomato. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken breasts almost completely in half and open like a book. With a meat mallet pound the chicken to a flat and even thickness.
- Stuff the chicken with mixture from above and use toothpicks to hold together.
- Brush with olive oil and season with black pepper.
- Grill until the inside temp of the chicken reaches 140 degrees.
- In the meantime, place reduction sauce ingredients in a pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, making sure to stir every so often. Drizzle over chicken when done.
Yum! Loved this meal, although I don’t think I got to enjoy it as much as I REALLY would have had I not been watching the season finale of Grey’s Anatomy at the same time. Really, Grey’s? Did you have to do that to me? My stomach was in knots throughout the entire episode! I think I gave Tim a complex I didn’t like his meal, but I really did love it. Anyways, we enjoyed this stuffed chicken with a side of feta asparagus and whole grain rice. And a glass (okay, two) of My Big Fat Greek Wine.
Another perk of this recipe is having leftover “stuffing!”
All mixed up, this made a great little salsa. Like, super tasty. It was gone in no time after munching on some Triscuits for the rest of the night.
I’m so lucky I have a boyfriend who loves to cook!
What’s your favorite way to cook chicken? Does your significant other like to cook?
Have a beautiful Sunday!