Last Valentine’s Day related post! And it’s another DIY homemade present.
When I found this idea floating around Pinterest, I knew it would be perfect for Tim’s Valentine’s Day present!
Customized Beer Bottles
How fun are these!?
- 12 pack of beer ($12.99 case of Magic Hat Spring Fever Mix, from Martignetti’s)
- Scrapbooking Paper: $1 section of Target (same pack of paper I used for the Valentine’s Day Candy Jars)
- Heart and Lips Stickers: $1.99 from CVS
- Valentine’s Day Scrapbooking Sticker Words: $1.99 from Target
- Rest of the supplies (Glue, Markers, Scissors, other Scrapbooking stickers): Already had
Total Cost: $17!
Total Time: 2 hours (Do this with a 6 pack if you want to spend less time)
Risk Factors: Do not use REAL glue. It takes hours to get out of your skin if you accidentally get it on yourself. If this happens, please revisit the “Total Time” category and increase accordingly.
The ‘How To’ Breakdown
- Cut out label sized pieces of construction paper. I just kind of eyeballed it, no measuring involved. I over estimated most so then I could just trim down to size.
- Decorate as you think appropriate! For me, this included coming up with one witty beer/love pun to write on the custom label and/or write out in stickers, and then decorating the rest with the other scrapbooking supplies.
- Glue on, and you’re done!
I probably made up about half of the custom labels, the others I found online. My final grouping?
“Hoppy Valentine’s Day”
“Pale Ale for my favorite male” (For the IPA!)
“Brewed with lots of hugs and kisses just for you!”
“Stout for my stud”
“U + Me = US” (This one was for the Plus Minus beer)
“3/4 pint happiness, 100% love”
“Beer: Boyfriend Happiness Enhancer”
“Malt for my man”
“When I’m with you, I’m on cloud #9 (This one was for the #9 beer)
“I love you beery much.”
“Brew for you!”
I’ll let you guys decide which I made up and which I didn’t.
Tim was so confused when I showed up at his house after class with this, and then told him to open his present. He just thought I wanted to get drunk! NOT after Two A Day Tuesday! haha it was just so funny the look on his face when I told him to take the bottles out one by one. He figured it out soon enough though. ;)
Along with the white chocolate peanut butter hearts, leftover M&M Pretzel bites, some Valentine’s Day boxers, Burnin Love BBQ Sauce (get it?!), a Take5 Bar, and a book about the Bruins, I think Tim cleaned up nice for Vday this year. And so did I with my new baking stuff! New mini muffin baking tins (so I don’t have to borrow Shannon’s again like I did the last time I made mini cupcakes), a frosting gun / decorating kit for cupcakes woohoo!, little cupcake wrappers, and of course my fabulous dinner out the other night.
Was a great year for Valentine’s stuff all around.
And now Tim gets to drink some masculine beers when hanging out with his friends.
What’s the best DIY gift you’ve ever given or received?