It felt sooooo good to be back to working out this morning. I was out of work Monday and Tuesday, didn’t teach Tuesday night, and worked from home yesterday. The thing about stomach bugs is that they are soooooo horribly bad, but at least they are quick! Last night I made it to Jen’s last class teaching at Oak Square, but struggled big time through it. Was winded so easily! I felt a lot more normal teaching this morning’s class.
Plus, I’m hungry. That’s how I really know I’m back.
In class today I tried a new Upper Body Circuit that I found on Pinterest:
The overhead tricep extensions were originally dips, but I changed them because I didn’t feel like using benches today or doing dips on the floor. This was a toughie! I thought the back to back planks with the mountain climber knees were especially challenging.
Before we did the upper body pyramid workout, we did three other circuits that targeted lower body, cardio, and ab combos:
Standing all in a big circle…
- Jog 1 minute in one direction
- Jog 1 minute in reverse direction
- Lunge Combo: 8 lunge and taps, 8 lunge and knee lifts, 8 lunge and calf raises, 8 lunge and hops
- 30 seconds jumping jacks
- 30 seconds jumping jacks + jabs (alternating arms)
- Repeat Lunge Combo on other leg
- Repeat both sets of jumping jacks
- 30 seconds high knees in one direction
- 1 minute of goblet squats, 10 seconds of squat pulse, 8 counts to get out of the squat
- 30 seconds jump rope
- 30 seconds high knees in the reverse direction
- 1 minute of squats with an overhead dumbbell press
- 30 seconds jump rope
- 10 oblique send bends + overhead press (one arm)
- Shuffle Touch Down + Plank combo (I had class do shuffle touch downs and then I would yell out “Plank!” and have them hold a plank for a few seconds, then go back to the shuffle touch downs, etc.)
- 3 sets of 10 oblique drops
- Repeat all on other side
So we did all these three BEFORE we added in that upper body pyramid circuit. I’m so mean, huh?
And then we had a few extra minutes to spare, so I threw in some booty blasters, inner thigh lifts, and floor Y, T, and I raises for upper back.
Successful class, except Miss Jen couldn’t make it to this morning’s class because she’s sick too! Unfortunately I didn’t get to use the amazing goodbye themed playlist I put together for her. :(
That would have been awkward right? Using a goodbye playlist when nobody that was actually there was leaving? I guess I wouldn’t put it past me. Instead I used one that I made back in November. It was still a good one.
I’m off to an exciting meeting, but I can’t tell you guys about it yet!
Enjoy your night, folks.
Anyone have any other good “pyramid workouts” you’d like to share? What about your favorite dorky goodbye songs? Or how about anything in general you want to say!? Comment please!
Don’t forget tonight is the last night to enter my free cookie giveaway! Do it, you have a good chance of winning! I announce the winner tomorrow morning.